CORONA VIRUS – LATEST UPDATE
Cancer Care Javea have our shops closed, but our Lynwens Cancer Care Nursing & Advisory Services are still contactable. We are continuing to care for the cancer patients already on our books as best we can, but we realise there may be other patients and their families who are struggling to get advice on cancer-related issues at this difficult time. Sometimes, it’s just a chat to get reassurance, or you may have serious concerns that arise. Please don’t hesitate to continue to contact us on our dedicated email or support line. We will do our best to help in any way we can.Lines are open Monday-Friday 9.0 a.m until 5.0 p.m. If you get no reply, our nurses may be busy and unable to speak, so please leave a message and a contact number and somebody will get back to you.
What Can We Do For You?
If you or anyone you know has been given a diagnosis of cancer and is struggling with any aspect, then please feel free to contact us.
Living with and beyond cancer is not just about treatment and clinical issues. Cancer affects us emotionally as well as physically and can also affect families with financial implications. We treat each case as unique.
Sometimes you may have side effects of treatment, and surgery and medication can cause hair loss and other bodily/cosmetic changes.
Our team can consider your needs and help and advise on many aspects. Where we can’t provide the help ourselves, we will guide you to all recommended service providers.
Most of us are qualified in counselling and bereavement services. We work as a team and all conversations are treated in complete confidence. Sometimes it’s just a reassuring voice and help with everyday problems that may occur when someone becomes ill in Spain that makes all the difference.
You may just want to join us for a chat and a cuppa, or you may even want to join our walking group. Nothing too energetic, but a different opportunity to help your wellbeing and gives you the chance to have input into what we do and put your ideas forward, no matter how big or small. We will listen to your needs.
Our nurses and carers have the experience, qualifications and skills. Contact us and find out what we can do for you, living with and beyond cancer.
Visit our charity centre and shops to discover all we do and to get help, or contact our nursing team on the dedicated number:
Lines are open Monday – Friday 9am until 5pm. If you get no reply, our nurses may be busy and unable to speak, so please leave a message and a contact number and somebody will get back to you.
Meet The Team
Jayne Nuttall Blake
• Registered Nurse (Spain & United Kingdom)
• Current role/relevant achievements - Team Leader and forerunner in developing the Lynwen Cancer Care Nursing Care & Advisory Service. Responsible for identifying client/family needs, providing skilled nursing assessment, and planning supportive care and appropriate services, in accordance with the multi-disciplinary team (doctors, nurses, care workers, counsellors, social workers) plan of care
• Skills - communicates openly with clients regarding their care and comfort in a manner that empowers them to make personal decisions regarding their treatment plan
• Goals & aspirations –
• In line with my professional code of conduct primarily be the patients advocate,
• Affirm life and help people to accept dying as a normal life process
• Work with the palliative care team and local doctors and nurses to ensure clients comfort at all times and to provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
• Speaks English & Spanish
• Registered Nurse Spain
• Current role/relevant achievements - Nurse Advisor, providing direct client care, evaluating the client’s condition, and serving as the liaison between clients, families, and the multi-disciplinary team members
• Skills - professional, conscientious, with excellent communication skills with experience in many areas of Nursing
• Goals & aspirations –
• To provide individualized nursing care.
• To treat patients and families as one would like to be treated oneself.
• To provide knowledge-based help and advice for patients and their families.
• To support and provide help to enable the best quality of life. To ensure patients aren’t suffering or in pain.
• Speaks English, Spanish, French & some German
• Current role/relevant achievements - Healthcare Assistant, representing Cancer Care Lynwen Nurses at Denia Oncology Day Care Unit. Provides individualized personal care, comfort and emotional support to clients and their families at home
• Skills - compassionate, friendly, and approachable
• Goals & aspirations - to make people's experience with cancer a little easier by giving them support. I just want to make a difference and I'm so proud of being part of the fantastic Cancer Care team.
• Speaks English & fluent Spanish
• Current role- Counsellor
• Skills - demonstrates compassionate communication with clients and their families, providing emotional support
• Goals & aspirations –
• Helping enhance the client’s effectiveness and their ability to cope.
• Helping promote the decision-making process while facilitating client potential.
• Speaks English
• Current role/relevant achievements - English & Spanish teacher/interpreter. Assists with the co-ordination of patient’s activities such as medical appointments. Serves as the liaison between clients, their families, and the multi-disciplinary team members
• Experience - voluntary work experience includes working with adults with learning difficulties and clients living with Alzheimer’s disease
• Skills - compassionate, sympathetic, patient, calm under pressure and a good listener
• Goals & aspirations –
• I think that without searching, life has given me an incredible goal by being part of our team.
• I still have a lot to learn to meet my personal targets, becoming more knowledgeable about my work, being positive without making false promises.
• Every day is a challenge and a good opportunity to learn from my peers.
• In the future I would like to see our Cancer Care a name which will speak by itself, making it stronger, all of us working towards the same project
• Nothing is impossible, where there is a will, there is a way. That has always been my motto.
• Speaks Spanish & English
Marie CardozoGraduate in Social Work with a mention in intercultural cooperation and social exclusion from Valencia University
- Current role/relevant achievements – Social Worker for Cancer Care. - Working alongside the team to support Social Work activities, developing relationships with the hospital Social workers and also the Social work Departments in each of the local Town Halls to maximize the quality of life for any of our clients.
- Skills – Empathy, patience, teamwork, respect, Active listening, assertiveness, self-monitoring, conflict resolution.
- Goals & aspirations – To help people who really need it or are in difficult situations. Make situations more comfortable and help people have company in their last moments. Help in filling out documents for institutions and translating documents.
- Speaks Spanish & a little English